Welcome to the online diary of the “London Ziegs,” as they journal their experiences relocating from the balmy climes of sunny Orlando, Florida to the more chaotically cosmopolitan environment of London, UK!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Movie Monday

That has such better assonance than "Picture Monday", don't you think? And besides, it gives us a chance to play with the most-excellent new Flip camcorder my parents sent us for Christmas! The only editing software I had onhand was the iMovie freeware that came on my Macbook...okay for starters, but I can already see where I'll want to explore more powerful offerings later.

Because we found continuous-shot walkthroughs helpful ourselves when trying to remotely visualize distances and "ground truth" before our move, we started with this single-shot recording of a walk from High Street Methodist back to our house:

[UPDATE] YouTube apparently doesn't like 14min videos, so I'll just link this one directly for now :-)



A couple days later, we took my brother Scott on a 16,000-step hike (per our 2008 pickle present!) through London, including this tour through the Tower of London and across Tower Bridge:



Finally, I'm including the following video which we did not take, but which I found on YouTube, documenting Maidenhead's Christmas Light Switch-On from Jonathan's birthday; heck, we might even appear in some of the crowd shots :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment